TOP Collection: Photography in the Ryukyu Islands
- Tokyo Photographic Art Museum
- Minoru Yamada, Yasuo Higa, Koshichi Taira, Takashi Ishimine, Kenshichi Heshiki, Toyomitsu Higa, Mao Ishikawa
- Takahiro Ito
- 230 × 280 mm, softcover, 263 pages
- Yoshihisa Tanaka, Misaki Nishikura
- iWord co., ltd.
- Sep 2020
- Photography for the website
- Hiroshi Manaka
A exhibition catalogue published for the “TOP Collection: Photography in the Ryukyu Islands” held from September 29th to November 23rd, 2020. Introducing a wide variety of photographic expressions by seven representative photographers of Okinawa (Minoru Yamada, Yasuo Higa, Koshichi Taira, Takashi Ishimine, Kenshichi Heshiki, Toyomitsu Higa, Mao Ishikawa.) The embossed title on the front cover is inspired from an image of the actual “Ryukyu-ko” that stretches in an arc shape. Same as the exhibition venue, the layout of the text has been adjusted so that the seven artists can be seen seamlessly. Although it is a large softcover format, designed to turn easy by making the front cover to hold the front and back four pages of the body.